To reserve your holiday we request a 20% deposit.
For payment we accept credit/debit cards directly. Visa , MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Electron and
Terms and Booking Conditions for Property Rental.
1. It is recommendable that our clients and all persons travelling with them should have full travel insurance and that you review your Risks and Liabilities under this contract to ensure all in your party have adequate cover. Travel insurance should be purchased separately by you for your travel and you should ensure that such insurance covers cancellation under likely and unlikely circumstances.
2. Payments made to Portugal Holiday Destinations for credit to property owners using bankers money order, or personal cheques should arrive at least 8 weeks prior to property rental. We also make it possible to pay quickly via credit card, bank transfer, and/or Emoney using reputable and UK FSA regulated facilities.
3. When you make a firm booking request and pay a deposit and we send you a confirmation letter or email, a contract exists between you and the owner of the property. The following conditions explain the responsibilities accepted by Portugal Holiday Destinations, the individual Owners, and yourself.
4. Until you have paid a deposit of 20% the property is only on hold for as long as we've stated, usually in email. After your deposit is received your booking will be confirmed by email and the property held for you subject to the conditions stated here. Only after you receive our confirmation is the booking to be regarded as firm.
5. You must pay the balance due at least eight weeks prior to your holiday dates. If booking within eight weeks of departure then the full amount must be paid upon booking. If you have not paid by the agreed due date then we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled and you could therefore be liable to pay cancellation charges of up to 100% of the property rental price. (see cancellation charges below).
6. If you wish to change your booking in any way whatsoever after payment of your deposit, but at least eight weeks prior to the holiday date, we will do our utmost to satisfy your requirements. A change of arrival date may incur a cancellation charge below. All requests for changes should be confirmed to us in writing. Accommodation is provided only for the number of persons stated in writing at the time of booking.
7. If you cancel your reservation you will be liable for cancellation fees as follows.
Cancellation fees. (holiday rental property)
Prior to 60 days before holiday - 20% deposit is forfeit.
A cancellation is only valid when confirmed in writing by the Person who made the booking (or their next of kin in extreme Circumstances).
8. If you have any cause to make a complaint while on holiday it is essential that you make contact with our local representatives. If no opportunity is given to the property owner and the local agents to settle a matter locally and amicably then your rights to make a complaint upon return will be restricted. Any complaint can usually be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction during your holiday. In the unlikely event that you are are still not satisfied, our representative there will ask you to record the details on the official form. Failure to make a complaint in this manner will invalidate any future claim against Portugal Holiday Destinations on your return. As we will have been deprived of a contractual obligation to investigate and rectify the matter.
9. Loss, damage and breakages. You will be responsible for the full costs of any damage or losses caused to the property or the contents during the rental period. If the cost exceeds any breakage deposit you may have made you will be contractually obliged to remit the full amount to Portugal Holiday Destinations so that we may reimburse the owner concerned.
10. The accommodation provided may only be used by the persons listed on the property registration form provided prior to your stay. Assignment in any form, sub-letting or sharing of the property is prohibited, and will invalidate your contract. The local agents will be entitled to require you to vacate the property.
11. Price Guarantee. No changes to your rental price, either up or down, will be made after your booking has been confirmed. We reserve the right to reduce the prices of properties to make 'special offers' which will have no effect on prior bookings.
12. Circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to fire, flood, natural disasters, civil strife, war, threat of war, riots, strikes, epidemics, bad weather, safety precautions, terrorist activity, government action, or breach of contract with us by a property owner may force us to amend or cancel a booking. In such circumstances we will do our utmost to offer an equivalent. If you notify us immediately and confirm in writing that such an alternative is not accepted by you, we will refund all the money you have paid. Force majeure; should similar circumstances occur during your holiday we cannot accept any liability for damage, losses, or expenditure. You should take out insurance to cover such circumstances.
13. We cannot accept liability for any losses due to circumstances beyond our control or supervision. Your insurance should cover losses in such cases but there may be minor inconveniences when facilities are not available. For example, plumbing, water heaters, cookers and swimming pools all need regular maintenance. Local councils may authorise that services be cut without warning, and building works may start without notice.
14. We do not accept responsibility in respect of death, bodily injury or illness except when caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees, while acting in the course of their employment, contract of supply or sub-contract.
15. This contract represents the full and complete agreement and is not to be amended in any way by any assurances verbal or otherwise made by any party.
16. This contract does not limit our statutory obligations and these terms and conditions will be subject to English Law and Jurisdiction.
COTS AND HIGH CHAIRS
Cots and High Chairs, if required, must be requested at the time of booking. Cot linen is usually NOT provided.
VISAS, PASSPORTS and HEALTH REGULATIONS
If from an EU state, ensure you have the latest EU health card for travellers. All persons should have a valid full passport, and any child who is not already on a parent's passport must have their own passport, including infants under two years. You must comply with any existing visa or health requirements. We can accept no responsibility for client's non-compliance with the above. If you are refused exit from or entry into any airport or country any and all costs which arise will be payable by you. Airline regulations state that women 26 weeks or more into pregnancy, at the time of return travel, must have a medical certificate of fitness to travel; after 32 weeks,permission to fly will be refused.
Before your departure we will send you information on the resort facilities, key collection arrangements, restaurants, doctors, places to visit, etc. and instructions on how to get to your accommodation. Please check you have these and understand them before making the trip.
If you have arranged Car Hire, Taxis, or other transport, make sure you have all the paper-work for those before you leave.
We recommend that you take a small amount of local currency and an amount in Travellers Cheques. However we have found that the best way of obtaining local currency is usually a credit card which is meant for use in ATMs worldwide. Please make sure with you issuing bank that the card is valid in Portugal.
Standards may be different from those you are accustomed to at home, or have experienced at other resorts. If in doubt about this ask before booking. Check the description for your property. However, all accommodation is equipped with sufficient seating for those booking. Kitchens are equipped with adequate crockery and cutlery. All have refrigerators and cooking facilities. Cookers in Portugal often do not have grills, as barbecues and toasters are the norm. Most properties have microwaves and washing machines. Linen, except beach towels, and all gas, water and electricity is provided.
Accommodation may be changed by owners in design, furnishings etc., and the photographs shown on the web site are only a guide as to standards at the time we inspected.
Pool sizes where given are approximations for guidance only. Pools are cleaned and checked once or twice a week. Often a net is provided in case you wish to remove leaves etc. more frequently. These nets are expensive and damage easily and are not provided as toys. Suncreams have a detrimental effect on pool water, so please shower before using the pool to keep the water clean.
Before making a booking, please provide details of any disabilities so that we may advise on suitability of the property.
At peak periods the influx of visitors may put a strain on the water and electricity supplies. Disruption is usually brief and we ask for your tolerance. Development is strictly controlled but road and building works can happen from time to time and without warning. When we know in advance that such works are to take place we remove the property from our portfolio and/or advise of this on the web page for the property.
Our representatives have offices for your convenience at both the holiday centres of Serra De'l Rei and Foz do Arelho. They are on call for any assistance or information you require while on holiday. Full information will be given prior to your arrival.
Weekly Maid service is available in all our accommodation and is included in the prices quoted. We ask that the you make it easier for maids to clean by making yourself scarce if possible. They will change towels and linen once a week, but are not there to do your dish or other washing. If you wish a more comprehensive maid service please enquire before booking.
INSECTS, PESTS & WILDLIFE
Portugal is usually a hot country and ants and mosquitoes are quite normal but can be limited in their effect by repellents, plug in killers, powders and sprays which can all be purchased locally. Keep food in the fridge and keep surfaces clean so as not to encourage wildlife. Dogs may bark at night and we cannot control cats any more than you can control those of your neighbours at home.
CHANGEOVER DAYS and TIMES
In order that the accommodation is prepared for incoming clients you must vacate the accommodation by 10.00 am on the day of your departure and on arrival enter at no earlier than 4.00pm. The maids will almost certainly have to clean more than one property and may still be working on your arrival.
For further information on Villa Rental Silver Coast or Portugal Property Rental please feel free to email us
UK business hours telephone: +44 (0) 700 341 8547 Fax: +44 (0) 871 264 2838
Registered in England and Wales No. 5505870
Site design by Harleystreet.net